Saturday, July 2, 2016

Yakutsk, Day 4

We haven't been resting well at night due to jet lag, white nights, and the constant annoyance of mosquitos. Luckily, we have been able to sleep in late. I hesitate to take the kids outside because of the mosquito infestation. This is certainly not a resort style vacation. Siberian life is not for the faint of heart. Many simple comforts that are easily available at home in the U.S. (or Moscow/St Petersburg for that matter) are just not to be found here.  The people that live here in Yakutsk are tough to say the least.

I spent day 2 working with the Judo team. I taught a couple of pin transitions and how to tighten up the positions.

I am not working with the Judo team today. Instead, we have decided to take the kids to a local amusement park. It is hot outside today, but the mosquito count is lower.

I have been asked to teach a Jiu-jitsu master class at the Sambo school. We will also do a few seminars at some of the other dojos in the area. I am looking forward to meeting up with some of my old friends here. I plan to record and post videos of the seminars/master classes I teach.

There is a 16 hour difference between West Coast time and here. I am reachable on FB and Viber messenger, but please be patient for correspondences due to the time difference and sketchy internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment